Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank You from a Veteran


With today being Veteran's Day and all, there is something that I would like to share.

Lately, whenever people find out that I served in the United States Navy, they stop and thank me for my service to our country, even though I served over some 35 years ago.

First of all, it was an honor and privilege to serve my country. I believe every young person should enlist in one of the branches an do so.

When I served it was in the 1970's, in the tumultuous times during and following the noble cause of the Viet Nam conflict. So, second of all, I have something to say to all of you who take the time to do this:

On behalf of all my fellow veterans, from all branches of our military, thank you all - - - for thanking us.

No comments:

Post a Comment