Thursday, May 21, 2009

My, How Things Have Changed


This morning I'm watching FOX News and Megyn Kelley was doing a report on FLEET WEEK by the U.S. Navy that is taking place in New York City. They had a reporter on one of the ships interviewing the Sailors and Marines, talking about some of the surveillance and weapons systems, and how the servicemen are really enjoying their stay while in New York, as it should be.

The Marines and Sailors are so happy how they are being received and treated by the citizens of New York City. Ms. Kelley herself was saying that there is nothing better than to see a man in uniform walking around the city and that all the ladies of the city just could not wait to meet with them.I envy today's serviceman, especially by the way they are respected and loved by the populace today, and I repeat, as it should be.

When I enlisted in the Navy in 1974, I went in during the closing years of the Viet Nam conflict. I was stationed in San Diego at the Naval Air Station Miramar. I worked of the F-14 Tomcat Fighter Aircraft.It was a complete 180 degree turn the way I and my fellow servicemen were treated back then. Everytime I went to Mission Bay, Ocean Beach, or just around town, the only two questions I would get from the civilian population was, "You wanna buy some weed?" or the other one, when some "child of peace, tolerance and understanding" would walk right up to me and ask, "So hey man, how many babies are ya gonna kill?"

Yes, I was called a baby killer and a "tool of that b*****d Nixon", I never even saw the coastline of Viet Nam. I basically tried to ignore those ignorant P.O.S.'s, but after the third and fourth, time, ( and the times thereafter), it kind of hurt, and I knew I was not welcomed in California. We in the military back then were treated as fourth class citizens. So after my discharge I've made sure to never go back to California for any reason.

(Oh yes, and GOD forbid if any of those self-proclaimed "California girls" were even caught dead dating a military man.)

I hope the way we are treating our servicemen today never changes, because I do remember how the "children of peace and love" would rally to "bring our boys home", only to spit on and them insult them when they did. A lot of these "flower children" are running everything now.

NOTE: In the picture here, you see everyone always had a "peace sign". Well, I'm a history nut, and if you research the history of the peace sign, you will find that it is actually in reality, a satanic symbol. A broken crucifix hung upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment