Monday, July 6, 2009

It Has Gotta Start With You!


This afternoon, I entered the re-election headquarters of my Congressman, Mark Steven Kirk, Republican, of the 10th district of Illinois. I gave the staff members there my name, address and email address and informed them to immediately remove my name from any contact lists that I may be on.


The reason being? I informed them that Congressman Kirk's "aye" vote for the so called cap & trade bill last week was the final straw for me, and that I will no longer vote for, or support him on anything, anymore.

I told the staff members that if I wanted the agenda of the liberal democrats to become my way of life, well then I would have voted for the liberal democrats.

I further informed them that I need my representative to stand up to President Obama and all his ideas. I know that Mr. Kirk is suppose to represent all those in his district, but those who gave him the job should have some sort of priority.

I refuse to support a man who runs as a conservative, only to cower in these unstable times. I refuse to continue to support a man who became a Republican in name only. If by chance Mr. Kirk does get the Republican nomination, I will either support the Libertarian candidate, or leave that part of my ballot blank.

The new trend now these days seems to be these "tea parties". Perhaps the next tea parties should be held in front of the re-election offices of the eight Republican congressmen who voted with the liberals on this bill.

1 comment:

  1. This jackass is likely to be thrust down our throats as the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate!

    ReplyDelete