Monday, July 27, 2009

Terrell Owens and the Bills


Well, it the most wonderful time of the year. By the end of this week all 32 NFL teams should have their training camps up and running, for me that's my beloved Chicago Bears, and my AFC team The Oakland Raiders.

Yes, I am a football fanatic, a football addict you could even say. Why do I love the game of football so much? Well, it has several things about it that make it separate from all other sports. Here are a few of my reasons.
  • Football is the only true team sport. Everybody must be doing their job on every play in order to win. It is not like baseball, basketball and hockey where a few guys can carry a team. No, every man on that field is equally important with his team mates.
  • Every play counts, meaning every play is a big play. Yes, it is true, one play gone wrong can cost you a season.

  • Every game counts. There is not the luxury of playing 162 or 74 games where you have a buffer zone for losses.

Let me now focus on the first bullet point. Football is the only true team sport. Yes, we see the accomplishments of many guys that will stand out but I can tell you that Walter Payton would admit that half of those yards that he gained through his career would not have ever been chalked up if it were not for Matt Suhey running in front of him. The great Jim Brown would say the same, he could not have accomplished all that he did without the other 10 men on the field with him.

Let's talk Quarterbacks. Why are men like Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Dan Marino, Roman Gabriel, Kurt Warner, John Elway, Terry Bradshaw, and on and on and on; what is the main reason these quarterbacks were the best in the game? Simple, the had the best Linemen in the game protecting them. A quarterback is only as good as his line.

Which brings me back to my first bullet point. I now bring up the epitome of everything that will cause everything to go wrong for any football team. The pri-madonna. And the main one of the current NFL era: Terrell Owens.

Terrell Owens is now on his fourth football team, The Buffalo Bills. Here's the bad news for all the Bills fans. As long as Terrell Owens is on your team, the Bills are not going to do jacks**t. Here is a quick history of Terrell Owens and his NFL career. While Owens was on his teams, they were referred by him as:

T.O and the 49er's

T.O. and the Eagles

T.O. and the Cowboys

The first press conference I heard Owens at for the Bills, I heard him call it, yes, you guessed it; T.O. and the Bills. If you noticed the names of the cities that have the teams are not even allowed to be mentioned.

Now, T.O. has his own reality series on VH1, he is doing this during the season. Terrell Owens is a cancer to any team that he will be involved with. If you haven't noticed, look, none of those teams won the Super Bowl with him on it. Owens is a cancer to the National Football League, and he is a cancer to the game of football. Who is he going to start complaining about when he does not get the spotlight for the big plays? I mean I know your quarterback there is not dating Jessica Simpson, however Owens blamed her for his dropped passes once.

Well, I have to admit that I did indeed appreciate Terrell Owens when he played for the Dallas Cowboys, but that is because I HATE THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment